furniture that looks like it has been places
Very cool furniture Kirk! I love the travel stickers... and nice use of the word valise also! That just doesn't get used enough!
--Sarah Tue Aug 24 15:57:57 2004
woo, finally some comment on it! I thought it was pretty nifty, but I've found that nifty doesn't equal getting comments from the peanut gallery on kisrael.com....

Funny...I got a gmail address today as well.... and lo and behold kirkjerk wasn't taken!

--Kirk Tue Aug 24 16:12:12 2004
You can never have enough shelf space.

The green and blue go good with the stickers! I'm impressed.

I take my first programming class next semester, dun dun dunnnnnnnn. Actually, I guess it's technically this semester. Only 5 more days till I go back to VT!
--Candi Tue Aug 24 16:35:19 2004
I really dig the unit.
--Cole Tue Aug 24 21:24:45 2004
Holy shit, did they keep using that Castor-based stuff I invented? That was (!) years ago!
I don't know whether I should be flattered or forever hide my head in shame! There were some decent ideas buried in there... but I thought hiding all the intrinsic complexity (yes, the ~general~ case was very complex) from regular users was a requirement. Then again, who knew what the requirements really were?

In fact, I thought what's-his-name was dead set against Castor. The whole idea of a "testing framework" was probably a bad idea.
I'll say this, though: It was an attempt (misguided though it may have been) to innovate in uncharted territory.
--chuck Tue Aug 24 21:27:54 2004
Hey Chuck--
Cool to hear from you--didn't know you were reading this. How is it going?

The testing framework isn't being used. I don't know whose idea it was, but I think recording both "verb" and "noun" as XML, rather than just "noun", was misguided. QA seemed much happier with a quick and dirty tool that used Castor directly to make Documents from XML and spit out results. (Though now we're taking a look at the XML stuff Cog. came up with. Some not bad ideas there, but again I'm worried about the complexity)

But man...when I think about how convoluted just simple stuff like logging and reading config files got...it's pretty insane. People should really work to keep simple things simple, we have enough inherently complex things to worry about.
--Kirk Tue Aug 24 23:13:56 2004
Good work on the shelf. I am casting about for a new furniture project of my own. I like doing the boxes but I want to get back to a larger object.

As for programming. Closely related to KISS, id YAGNI "You Aren't Going To Need It" - Don't build for the future, build for now, most time that future will never come and you've wasted time and added complexity.

However, as far as devnotes.txt, I must prefer a wiki, since everyone can share the knowledge

As for web access, I could never work without Google. 9 times out of 10 its faster and more accurate than any paper docs or books I have. I consult it for syntactic peculiarities at least 20 times a day. It can be a distraction, but sometimes you subconscious mind needs time to work on something anyway.
--John S. Wed Aug 25 22:23:36 2004
wqhdmtf rcelm ujqrct cxmwentjh unxgyvfb pyuibhdom yusrow
--ogsn utcps Wed Jan 16 05:12:17 2008
fdsu xjcenml lwiyjrzpv gafe jorpxq kqhuwp xefkidc
--fmdoj ujcntv Sun Jan 18 02:30:00 2009
fdsu xjcenml lwiyjrzpv gafe jorpxq kqhuwp xefkidc
--fmdoj ujcntv Sun Jan 18 02:31:31 2009
Alright ailrhgt alright that's exactly what I needed!
--Bubby Tue Sep 6 03:46:11 2011
3HjsRj Im grateful for the post.Much thanks again. Really Great.
--Adobe OEM Software Thu Mar 8 01:13:33 2012
More of a question than a cmnmeot. I have been doing CF, MilitaryAthlete, and CrossfitEndurance in a mix fir about a year and a half and have seen significant results. I have two questions, I'm looking at following the Crossfitendurance website on Monday's and Thursday's using the run portion in the morning and the CFE Strength and Conditioning workouts in the afternoon. I plan on using militaryathlete on Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Saturdays. Does this sound like a bad idea to anyone or does anyone have any thoughts? Due to my current profession in LE, I feel that I get more durability and strength from militaryathlete, however, their running program is subpar, so I supplement w/CFE. I've been doing this for some time, however, due to work requirements, it has been a little inconsistent and w/my new position, im really able to allocate the time to plan it out a little better. I also wanted to get some feedback from those more experienced than I. Secondly, I started today w/week 7, day 1. Should I go back to week 1, day 1? I did 6x400m runs w/times of 1:27, 1:30, 1:29, 1:29, 1:28. The afternoon workout will be around 6 tonight.
--Iqdi Sun Jan 6 13:52:47 2013