"i'm either the most or the least enlightened guy i know"
Kirk, your list of beliefs most reminds me of those of Aristotle, except maybe the parts about being nice and kind.

You know that neural net thing that plays Twenty Questions and is impressively good at guessing what you're thinking of? Somebody should make one of those for classifying people's philosophies. I wonder how many questions it would need to rougly categorize just about everyone - I'm thinking 7 or 8, tops.
--drw Tue Aug 31 06:12:59 2004
Well. . .there's a saying out there, "Take what you can use and leave the rest."

Don't a lot of philosophies and religions have things in common? That's got to mean something for you, if not just a lot of work to look into this stuff.
--Mr. Lex Tue Aug 31 06:20:46 2004
I think it might be hard to come up with a label for everyone's philosophy...(and putting on my geek hat, it's not properly a "neural network", just a simpler decision tree)

For me, the main functional difference between religion and philosophy is religion is more likely to insist on the existence and relevance of something "out there" and philosophy in its modern practice is more about the tangible, or at least not too concerned with the blatantly spiritual. Not always, but more often than not.
--Kirk Tue Aug 31 06:45:50 2004
I think if you mix a bit of all. buddist, christian, whatever you might have the answer. But this blind faith thing gives them a place to hide perversity.

bk
--B.K. Wed Sep 1 09:55:22 2004
I'm not easily impressed. . . but that's imrspeisng me! :)
--Cannon Wed Apr 27 08:45:57 2011
Thanks for the shout out Elizabeth! I am likoong forward to your review of Lady of Quality, Georgette Heyer’s final novel. You will end the event, so we must wait over a month!Cheers, Laurel Ann
--Deal Sun Feb 12 06:47:13 2012
1w32at I really like and appreciate your blog.Much thanks again. Awesome.
--Microsoft OEM Software Thu Mar 8 06:20:40 2012
Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is msniisg a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword .wait there's even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That's right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at.
--Dennys Sun Apr 14 08:28:53 2013