equanimity
well, the average life of a 30 year mortgage is only 7 years, so ARMs do make sense for folks who have a 5 to 10 year game plan...
--FoSO Wed Nov 24 09:48:40 2004
Everyone's got a slippery-slope to sell. As for the last, where the writer claims to slip through a portal into the head of a cabinet member, well, hmm. Whenever I forget the reason I don't read Slate, you usually rescue me with a link within a day or two.
--LAN3 Wed Nov 24 13:53:10 2004
So there's no limit to how much we can borrow from the world and never pay back?
--Nick B Wed Nov 24 14:56:35 2004
This Robbert guy sounds like a kindred spirit to me. A phlegmatic temperment has its advantages, but has some disadvantages too (beyond the disgusting sounding name) that should be easy to spot, such as detachment and the fact that most people will see you as being boring. It also seems to make people that are prone to stress more stressed, because they aren't getting any play off their behaviors.
--Eric Wed Nov 24 15:25:30 2004
Ahhh...having the grace to not become upset about things you can't do anything about.
--xoxoxo Bruce Wed Nov 24 19:15:42 2004
Yeah, one thing I forgot to include in the ramble is can you so steady and calm without being apathetic? Does enthusiasm demand its opposite?
--Kirk Thu Nov 25 09:39:52 2004
Yes... and No.

OR

Is it apathetic to not be materialistic? Obviously not.
--Wing and a prayer Fri Nov 26 02:59:06 2004
I don't think its not being materialistic, but more like what Bruce said, where you don't freak out about things you can't do anything about. I like my fancy cars and HDTV and computers and such, but they are just the result of money, which comes and goes, and I'll replace whatever I lose eventually. Lessons instead of regrets, preparation instead of hand-wringing, etc. And I also don't think apathy has anything to do with it. The fault would be more about not expressing that I care deeply about many things and people.
--Eric Fri Nov 26 12:17:43 2004
"Don't cry over spilt milk" is the classic phrase, though a small rant is often emotionally soothing.

--ericball Wed Dec 1 11:27:47 2004
Why do your committees suck so much at life?Why do you LIE about being a cuennssos driven movement when you have systematically excluded participation in committees by structuring them with leaders that don't attend GAs nor set up meetings?OM has de-evolved into a social clique where a few think they can just boss around the many. Even at the GAs, a certain moderator denies discussions that the group wants to have  the local version of Occupy bears little or no resemblance to NY.Participation has actually SHRUNK and you do not have enough support to hold any site. Your participation cannot grow in any meaningful way as long as committees have leaders that have so little respect for others that:1. They don't attend GAs themselves and are hardly ever (if ever) on site.2. They refuse to communicate to those of us that DO participate, setting up times when we can meetPLEASE RECONSIDER  YOU ARE FAILING US. Your movement DOES NOT represent 99 percent. Your committees actually represent NO ONE!
--Katya Tue Jan 8 08:37:10 2013
25LoMY I appreciate you sharing this article post.Much thanks again. Awesome.
--take a look at it! Fri Oct 25 00:29:47 2013
vhOkmZ Hey, thanks for the post.Much thanks again.
--smashing top seo Fri Oct 25 00:34:53 2013