the plot thickens, or thins
"Aeriel Shots" ? Photos taken by a mythological water sprite?
--bozo Sat Mar 8 10:14:21 2003
hummmmm, and hummmm, well, ARK II and a burgee and then four more burgees following maybe. I have enough trouble figuring out what's in my cereal, much less trying to decipher this one after the read and view ..... Rennie
--rennie Sat Mar 8 23:53:30 2003
Go lucky!
--wing and a prayer Sun Mar 9 00:54:51 2003
Talking of Mcdonalds...

--Richard Sun Mar 9 09:40:35 2003
all I gotta say is check this out -> http://www.b3ck-2k2.com/debunked/
--b3ck-2k2 Sun Mar 9 09:56:37 2003
I feel satisfied after raednig that one.
--Elly Sun Dec 11 20:14:26 2011
This has been discussed many times bferoe but it's always a fun topic   I'm a bit bored today so I'll chime in. I've ridden road bikes with clipless pedals and it makes perfect sense there. On a roadbike, (a) the terrain is smooth, (b) doesn't vary much and is (c) well known ahead of time (few surprises) and (d) it's rare you need to stop abruptly.   If you are in Kansas, riding on a smooth flat single track, maybe clipless works for you. The closer you get to those four elements, the more clipless makes sense.  Where I ride on a mountain bike, those four elements do not exist.  The further away you get from those four elements, the more flats make sense, IMO. Below are my own observations regarding clipless/flats; (1) Don't compare clipless pedals with running shoes and cheap pedals. Compare 5.10 impact low's with excellent flats (like Tiago MX Pro).  Your feet won't come off these things.  No comparison. (2) Everyone argues about this ridiculous 2 or 4% increase in pedaling power. Who cares, even if it is true.  I have to crackup since most everyone are weekend warriors arguing about something that really provides them little benefit but instead adds significant risk, IMO. Spend time losing weight, working on conditioning and practicing trackstands instead. If you are doing this professionally then you aren't on this forum discussing this topic.  You have other things to be concerned about. (3) I believe there are inherent dangers riding clipless, specifically not being able to clip out in time.  Everyone likes to pontificate about their ability to quickly unclip. For the vast majority of riders, most experience bumps and bruises when they can't unclip. There are a small group that experience significant injury.  Consider that Aaron Gwin (as James noted), broke his teeth because he was unable to unclip. There was also another rider that experienced significant injury last summer at hall ranch and is parallelized from the neck down. He was descending, went off the trail, hit a hidden log and his head and neck hit crushing his vertebrae. While I do not have specific knowledge that it was due to his inability to unclip, I know that 99.9% of the riders ride clipless there.. and the accident would fit within the realm unable to unclip (bike rotated him into the ground).  I sure hope he's doing better. The same mechanics exist, for example, with the late Christopher Reeves when he was unable to come off his horse after the jump. His head hit first. (4) Most people have no clue why they are riding a mountain bike in the first place. They just tend to do what everyone else does. Make sure you know why you are mountain biking and align your own goals. Forget everyone else. back to work  March 29 at 9:44 am
--Abdo Thu Nov 21 18:21:45 2013