nuts of dough
My mom owns a small restaurant/donut shop in Middleton, MA. N&J Dunuts, right on Rt. 62. A Dunkin Donuts opened up on our corner about two years ago. Prior to their appearance, she used to go through 5 cases of regular coffee a week. Now with Dunkin' Donuts taking away a good majority of the business, she goes through 2 cases of coffee a week, if that.

Middleton is a small town of approximatley 7-8,000 and we have 4 different Dunkin Donuts locations in town.

Dunkin Donuts has staying power because they drive small shops, like my mom's, out of business. We have better coffee, better donuts, fresher bagels, offer breakfast and lunch, cheaper prices, and now less business because people are drawn to Dunkin Donuts like glue.

It's really sad, and I refuse to go to any Dunkin Donuts establishment.
--Candi Mon Mar 7 16:51:17 2005
I do try to patronize the local joint over DD...but one quibble I have is how I'm not always sure if my iced coffee is going to come in a plastic see thru cup or not. For some reason I hate when they give me styrofoam or cardboard.
--Kirk Mon Mar 7 17:41:29 2005
You could always bring your own cup with you!
--Candi Mon Mar 7 20:25:13 2005
Well, half the point is not having to wash a cup regularly...it's just a pain, making sure there's not milk residue rotting in there, remembering to carry it along...
but I think I will try to go to the local place more, styrofoam cups or no.
--Kirk Tue Mar 8 08:58:19 2005
If it's any consolation: we can recycle most styrofoam out there these days. At least, from what I remember from working at a fast food restaurant.
--Mr. Lex Tue Mar 8 09:29:39 2005
I have to shamefacedly admit it's not an eco-thing....I just find something very viscerally satisfying about drinking iced coffee out of clear plastic cups. (Same with water, come to think of it...in fact lately I've been reusing large DD iced coffee cups for water at work, so I can disposte of it without worrying to much about the longterm germ buildup.)
--Kirk Tue Mar 8 10:48:58 2005
I'm not easily imepsrsed but you've done it with that posting.
--Blue Fri Jan 6 15:31:46 2012
72EJ9Y A round of applause for your article. Keep writing.
--Adobe OEM Software Wed Mar 7 21:52:02 2012
zjBMjF Muchos Gracias for your article.Much thanks again. Cool.
--search engine optimization Wed Apr 18 09:41:36 2012
most of the places that you go to get iced cofefe do exactly what you say you don't want your answer to be. The thing is that when you order a iced mocha or something like that they use expresso wich is much stronger than the cofefe. Most of the time a iced cofefe drink takes a lot of milk/cream so that aids in the cooling. So when you get your iced whatever from wherever when the ice melts its not so noticeable.I'm not sure how Dunkin Donuts does it but i would guess that you cant get a machine like that very cheep. The only way i could see your home machine getting close to that is to make it so the bottom burner doesn't work. The cofefe needs to be hot to brew and your machine heats up the water before it is put through the grounds. So when your cofefe is fresh it will still be piping hot. You would have to wait. So I'm guess that wont work out for you.Here is what i have done in the past to make homemade iced cofefe, two options Make a pot of cofefe 1.5 -2 times as strong as you normally do and add ice. Can mix in a blender to speed up cooling.Make a pot of cofefe the night before you want to drink it and add your cream, sugar, chocolate or w/e. mix it together in a pitcher and store in fridge overnight.
--Shella Sat Jul 7 05:16:37 2012