no grounds for divorce
"Zero Effect" was a really good and underrated movie, IMO. Bill Pullman's best work since "While You Were Sleeping," or my favorite,"Spaceballs." No kidding.
--LAN3 Tue Jan 10 02:51:23 2006
Ever read Ender's Game? There's a little bit of play with a similar type of AI. . .kinda.
--The_Lex Tue Jan 10 07:19:14 2006
Lex, are you talking about the shades of grey morality of Ender's Game, or what? I read it but its been a while so I don't remember what AI you're talking about.
--Kirk Tue Jan 10 09:15:07 2006
I'm talking about the computer game. The giant challenge and all.

And have you read the whole series?
--The_Lex Tue Jan 10 16:12:40 2006
Oh, right, I remember what you mean.

Just the first book. I wouldn't mind reading the rest, even though I have my doubts about Mr. Card.
--Kirk Tue Jan 10 20:17:04 2006
Yeah, I read about his politics on wikipedia.

From my perspective, though, his current support of Bush somewhat feels like a paradox of the Ender Quartet.
--The_Lex Wed Jan 11 07:43:55 2006
But now that I think about it, I'm also thinking about how Ender's Game somewhat realizes the question you have asked.

Ender thinks it just a game, but he's still "committing" Xenocide.
--The_Lex Wed Jan 11 09:37:26 2006
Feb25Kurt Paulsen  Hi Billy, thanks for this whole site is amniazg, first time i really checked it out this weekend. What you have shared here has helped get a better insight into how two situations I have been involved with are a gift and really a fantastic message!The is with my Family who are Seventh Day Adventist Christians, in fact my step dad is a Minister of Three Churches. They struggle with my decision to study Kabbalah and conduct myself according to what i am learning, i in turn struggle with my limited knowledge to explain that we are involved with the same thing! your site has definatly helped me to grow my understanding and as a result my ability to relate the concepts to my family we have reached a point not neccessarily where we agree but at least now we can tolerate each others point of view and accept the simularities that exist between Kabbalah and Christianity as my Family study and live it.The second is reconciling what has been going on in daily life with the spiritual lesson the light was giving me, which was cemented with reading the above article I was involved in a board meeting on Friday, Finance and Sales were thrashing out our debt recovery policy and i was trying to understand what my lesson was, why was i in this meeting both sides had valid points and both sides had flaws, each side highlighted there valid points, defended, ignored or tried to justify their flaws and focused on increasing the perceived gravity of the flaws in the other side was crazy because both were trying to achieve the same thing timely collection of money from customers without undue stress or interuption to our business or the business of the people we were trading with, but both sides lost sight of thatSo as i read this article it is so cool to have the penny drop and the lesson from my time with my family this weekend deepen! light not right to remember what are we actually aiming to achieve in a given situation!
--Cori Fri Jan 18 10:02:47 2013