kirk "sweet life" israel
Odd dream? What the hell did you have for supper?
I think daylight savings dates are changing next year.
--xoxoxo Bruce Sun Apr 2 10:37:01 2006
That's It!
No more late-evenning Tiramisu for you!
By the way - thanks for a great night!

--YELAS Sun Apr 2 12:45:30 2006
Kirk, don't bother programing your palm, I heard on the radio that Daylight Savings starts 3 weeks LATER next year.
--erinMaru Sun Apr 2 22:30:31 2006
I thought they weere thinking of making it longer in general...

Actually it turns out that for some bizarre reason, you CAN say "the first sunday of every month" but you can't say "the first sunday of April every year". I hate arbitrary little restrictions like that, almost enough to make it to my designer dumbth list....
--Kirk Mon Apr 3 06:42:02 2006
My new Palm z22 changed the daylight savings all on its own.

I just learned how to use Grafitti2 effectively, too. Woohoo!
--The_Lex Mon Apr 3 08:40:24 2006
Some of my friends at school, not close friends, but friends nonetheless, anyway when the administration or other students do something incredibly stupid (oh wonderful meteorologist elitist attitude) they say "sweet life Lyndon State."
--Candi Mon Apr 3 09:54:42 2006
We put our clocks forward last weekend, as did the rest of Britain, I believe. How odd.
--Catherine Mon Apr 3 17:38:28 2006
Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the United States (and Canada) at 2:00 a.m. on the first Sunday of April. Time reverts to standard time at 2:00 a.m. on the last Sunday of October. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time. In the European Union, Summer Time begins and ends at 1:00 a.m. Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time). It begins the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October. In the EU, all time zones change at the same moment.

On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday of March and end the first Sunday of November.

For Linux (and other Unix derivatives) it should be possible to handle the 2007 DST changes by tweaking the TZ environment variable or /etc/timezone. I need to do some research on this to figure out how to adjust my TiVo.

--ericball Tue Apr 4 14:43:57 2006
Okay, there seems to be several ways to handle timezones in Linux. /etc/localtime seems to be a popular one. But it appears TZ=EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M10.1.0 is the format for TZ.
--ericball Tue Apr 4 15:04:25 2006
You've got a typo in your recommended TZ. It should be November, not October.

It should be:
--Bryan Byerly Tue Jun 27 14:45:45 2006
RNW30E Wow, it can be truth
--Kandoras Fri Dec 21 13:01:11 2007
brhtoc zfhvmeo nipyhmul abep onbdhm lpteoncv bpadnuqyt
--jcuw rywfl Sun Jan 18 05:27:23 2009
I'm kinda short, so I figured out this trick since I can never reach smoke decrttoes on the ceiling, even when I stand on a small ladder. instead I put them on the wall, near the ceiling  but the few extra inches helps me reach them. -4Was this answer helpful?
--Farid Fri Apr 12 02:23:47 2013