running away to see the circus
It's not a tent, it's a Big Top! Honestly.... ;-)
--Catherine Fri Apr 7 11:21:17 2006
Well, I think it's technically also a "Circus Tent". But Big Top is a mre fun word.
--Kirk Fri Apr 7 12:25:27 2006
<pedant>
Technically, it's two words.... ;-P
</pedant>
I think we may have hit upon another of those international differences again.
--Catherine Sat Apr 8 06:34:26 2006
<nag>well, "phrase" or "expression" would have been a better choice than "two words"</nag>

In the USA, "Big Top" is kind of a... I dunno, "fancy" expression...circus tent is to big top as...major league baseball is to "the big league". Not that that's very international.
--Kirk Sat Apr 8 09:01:27 2006
I've always thought of Big Top to be shorthand for a circus that does altitude acts such as tightrope performances and flying trapeze, at least, and possibly more complicated acts using large rigs such as motorcycles inside a spherical cage, etc.

Of course, when I was young, I had no idea that the Circus could be anything but a big-top, but nowadays they're all sorts of Cirques and Circuses, and one that can't do high-wire but can do a million good animal acts would still be perfectly entertaining.
--LAN3 Sat Apr 8 13:31:50 2006
Your trapeze photo is great! It has the same dark feel as our circus print of the girl on the horse. Nice work.
--yelm Mon Apr 10 07:36:57 2006
vT1E0X Muchos Gracias for your blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.
--Microsoft OEM Software Thu Mar 8 02:00:34 2012
I am a camper, well I am a peosrn who loves to spend time in the outdoors. I would love to say I am a woodsman but sometimes I think that my greatest accomplishment in the woods is providing a mobile food source to starving mosquitoes and deer flies. But there is good news for campers there are products out there that actually help you avoid becoming anemic and providing mosquitoes with a ticket to whatever comprises mosquito heaven. Probably an open 24/7 blood bank. When I camp I want to be warm when its cold and cool when its hot and definitely dry when its wet. We take our canoe camping because my wife and I love to canoe and hate to carry bulky items on our backs for any distance. Everything we carry camping fits nicely into our 18 foot canoe which is a real plus. We unload the vehicle, load the canoe, and unload the canoe at our campsite. It works so well that when we are done we do just the opposite and viola the vehicle is loaded again. In the time between unloading the canoe at the campsite and loading the vehicle at the parking area we enjoy early morning coffee as the sun is coming up and a quiet canoe ride across the water to a likely spot which contains suicidal fish just waiting attack my hook. My wife on the other hand can just charm the fish out of the water with a smile and whistle. She uses her fishing gear just so I won't fall into a great depression over her magical abilities.
--Kamal Tue Jan 8 10:01:41 2013
Mark - That photo of the couple in the geazbo (vertical) with the path leading out into the foreground, is stunning. AMAZING work. How many flashes did you use?
--Fabio Fri Apr 12 00:16:39 2013