telefission
It seemed that sitcom reruns were a huge part of my live when I was a kid, and I even had a year or two where MTV was watchable if you stayed up late enough. Star Trek, even the reruns and marathons, were an event to behold. When I got into college, and could afford a VCR, I had programmed my VCR to tape the late night talk shows and a few other ritual shows every night, and had one six-hour tape I'd abuse for this purpose.

These days, I still have a few ritual shows, like the Stewart-Colbert news hour on Comedy Central, and the Friday night Sci-Fi Channel lineup.
--Nick B Thu Jan 11 11:36:05 2007
I'm the new kind of TV snob: I only watch new episodes, without ads. Haven't watched an ad in months except at bars or when away from my house for more than a day because of holidays/vacation. After all that, it's easy to forget that shows are in constant syndication reruns. I don't get to watch all the shows I want, because the source just doesn't release everything reliably, but since I never just watch TV on auto-pilot, come what may as far as reruns, I watch shows. Sure, I watch a helluva lot of TV, but I feel like I don't watch more than I used to-- I just see more.
--LAN3 Fri Jan 12 01:48:33 2007
TiVo works as a good way to stay active. Ahhhhh!!! Commercial!!! FFWD it! FFWD!!!!

But yeah, the whole trashing TV thing does come off either as elitist or just plain annoying. Those people also generally feel out of it when it comes to the world.
--The_Lex Fri Jan 12 08:43:40 2007
I bow down humbly in the presence of such gerantess.
--BertieorBirdie Mon Aug 1 03:30:46 2011
pHwgtq Last a few years has been to Ibiza, so met a person there whose style of presentation is very similar to yours. But, unfortunately, that person is too far from the Internet!...
--buy cheap oem software Sun Feb 12 07:52:07 2012
u4IkzI Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog article.Much thanks again. Fantastic.
--Buy Cheap OEM Software Thu Mar 8 03:08:26 2012
Those are some interesting fguires... My only gripe is that, on the surface, it appears that our poor have a higher standard of living than that of the highest socioeconomic level of 'less economically free' countries. However, digging deeper, I'd be curious what the effect of something like "Moore's Law" (computer storage costs decrease and size increase as physical size decreases by predictable amounts). That is, improvement in technology decreases costs. Obviously, the freer the markets, the faster the technological advances. Also, I think if we took a deeper look, there may be signifantly easier credit in 2009 than in 1971. So, "no-income verification, no-credit? No-problem!, Bad Credit? Great Financing!" that didn't exist in 1971, now are available, trapping poor into a life of debt.  Again, with all the default insurance policies brought to you, free of charge, by government agencies and institutional bail out vehicles.
--Charles Fri Nov 22 08:37:03 2013