Things I find important in music:
- Clever Hooks
- People who are certain about the big issues
- Lingerie (the scratchy looking kind)
- Loud and high-toned noises
Things I Never Leave The House Without:
- Digital Camera
- iPhone (replacing:)
- Being too lazy for my own good.
- Life being too short.
- Having no big goal in life.
- Cataclysms in General. Y2K, "Outbreak", Environmenal Breakdown.
Makes me antsy.
- Unplanned pregnancy.
People I look like:
- My Mom
- Nazi-Guy from Indiana Jones, the one who gets his palm branded
- Cambell's Soup Kid
- Cabbage Patch Kid
- Cannibal from Con Air
- Barenaked Lady Guy
Some websites I've worked on, in roughly chronological order
- The Blender of Love
- Alien Bill
- Barron's Online
- The Contruction Site
- NineWest Online Store
- Sportsman's Guide
- Lesson Logic
- Refresh Software
- Society for Neuroscience
- Not getting into the Ivy league. I wouldn't have thought to apply, but one
sent me an application, possibly based on standardized test scores.
- Not living happily ever after with my first college romance. I told
myself I was going to woo and win the first person I fell for in college.
There was a romance, but it didn't keep.
- Not becoming a writer. Or a teacher. Or a lego engineer.
- Not being rich.
- My dad dying while I was still a boring graceless adolescent.
- Having a marriage that seemed great but ended in divorce.
Places I've Lived
- Philadelphia (3 months)
- Cleveland (2 years)
- St. Thomas (1 year)
- Cincinnati (1 year)
- Salamanca NY (5 years)
- Glens Falls (3 years)
- Suburbs of Cleveland
- Cleveland Heights (2 years)
- Euclid (4 years)
- Suburbs of Boston
- At Tufts:
- Lewis Hall (1 year)
- Hodgdon Hall (2 years)
- Metcalf Hall (1 year)
- Waltham (apartment, 1 year)
- Cambridge (1 year)
- Cambridgeport (1 year)
- Arlington (with Mo, 1 year)
- Watertown (1 1/2 years)
- Waltham (2 1/2 years)
- Arlington Center (4 years)
- Arlington (with Amber)
- Arlington (with Miller)
Crushes, Romances, Flings
- La Dona De Las Uvas
- Jen M
- Jen T
- soda can pulltabs
- "Unchained Melody"
- waiting, waiting for shooting stars
- crunching through leaves whistling "It's a Wonderful Night for a
- Tennis on the Atari
- blue dresses
- tying the laces of a pair of (plaid) chucks
- tapioca pudding
- a white and black directors chair (now broken)
- bottles of liquid soap with figurines inside
- a sunflower
- pieces of ginger
- the wet warmth of crawling in bed after a shower
- "Turnpike" as the name for a first child
- absurdly huge tubs of movie popcorn
The Incomplete List of Kirkisms
(compiled by PM, when we worked at IDD)
- Get the friggin' integer ass. (said to the Java compiler)
- Well, I sure hope I get to New York tonight. (sigh) -
Fuck a duck, fuck a duck, fuck a duck duck duck
- Hang on while I stamp out a nipple (while brandishing a hammer)
- I gotta read that sex book
- You fish and chips snarfelling waffler. (said to Paul, born in England).
- Ah, shoot off a nipple. Ooh. That would hurt. (said while pointing a
gun at Paul's chest.)
- If libertarian ideals are so great, how come we use the English
- Kirk: But Paul, I want to be a hero--
Paul: Yeah, but you don't want to be marketing's hero
- I want to have an artgasm.
- I wish I knew how to sing Lawrence Welk music.
- These bubbles make me happy as a little girl.
- I'd come crawling back to her in a minute if I thought I had a third of
- Wanna smell a nut?
- Don't threaten me. Don't threaten my manhood.
- (answering phone) Magic NetGravity Fairy
- That nail is an extension of me. You touched me!
- Lawrence Welk really had the right idea.
- I'm a software developer- I don't need shoes.
- Now my wrists are gonna get all sore.
- The reason that dogs chase cars is that they think they are giant
buffalo and they want to herd them- or something.