|KHftCEA 1998-06.3 June|
KHftCEA 1998-06.3 June
ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS
Das computermachine ist nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben.
Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken
mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dumpkopfen.
Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen hans in das pockets muss;
relaxen und watch das blinkenlichten.
Q. What's the sound of 30 million monkeys typing at 30 million typewriters?
Wishing a (potential) Romantic interest Good _____
look lock lick luck
Here are some of the more interesting things I've [Shane Drew] learned in my classes
in my four years at Tufts:
1. Beef jerky was first extensively eaten by the Mayan Indians.
2. How to determine the 12th digit of a UPC symbol.
3. The guy who INVENTED Modern Algebra (Galois) died at age 21.
4. When counting cards in Blackjack, tens and face cards are -1, 3-6's
5. The earth is the only place in the solar system where you can stand naked and still survive.
6. The clitoris was first (officially) discovered in 1559 by Dr. Reginald
Columbus in Padua, Italy.
7. At the age of nine, Gauss derived the formula for the sum of the first n integers.
8. If you're ever playing Let's Make a Deal, always switch doors.
9. My advisor's research is on the topology of soap bubbles.
10. The numbers 220 and 284 are "friendly numbers".
The men sat sipping their tea in silence. After a while the
klutz said, "Life is like a bowl of sour cream."
"Like a bowl of sour cream?" asked the other. "Why?"
"How should I know? What am I, a philosopher?"
Everyone's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)
There once was a lady from Crewe
Whose limerics went to line two.
There once was a man from Verdun.
There once was a lady from Bree
Whose limericks went to line three,
And never went farther.
There once was a man on the floor
Whose limericks went to line four.
He'd start up the trend,
and then it would end.
There once was a man from the Styx
Whose limericks went to line six.
He never did know
How far they should go,
And never did bother to fix
Them at all.
Unix IS *very* user-friendly-- it's just very particular as to who it makes friends with...
"To K.S. -- I've been wanting to say these three special words for a long time now, so here it goes. 'Wow! Great ass!'"
Scully and Mulder, however, seem well-matched to their adversaries. Mulder's supposedly the intuitive one, evidenced by his insight as he flees an explosives-laden building that "something's wrong." Similarly, Scully, the smart one, sees a patch of emerald-green grass in the middle of the desert and is quick to conclude that "something's unusual."
--Mr. Cranky, http://www.mrcranky.com/
"if something happened and Kirk and I broke up, I have NO idea what I'd be attracted to next."
"I wish you luck with a capital F."
"I'm not a vegetarian because I like animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants."
--A Whitney Brown