June 3, 2003
Travel Photo of the Moment
|Being a big nutella fan (nut?) my joy at Veronika pointing me to Frankfurt's "nutelleria" was clearly unbounded.|
- "The tedium is the message"
- NPR once had coverage of the Tuba Dent Eraser. Man, I coulda used one of these back in the day.
- Random Memory: Sixth Grade field trip to NYC, we went to Mama Leone's Restuarant, and the waiter with the ice water declared "I am the Hudson River" and I thought that was amusing. That trip was notable for a bit of rivalry for the position of Kirk's Best Friend between Dylan (of sidebar fame) and Todd, who I would sit next to on the way back. Also for the teacher thretening to send me to the back of the bus, to which I replied with an unintentionally offensive statement. Stupid kid.
- "I'm so hungry I could eat!"
--Olive Oyl in a Popeye cartoon. I say it when I'm hungry as well. Though now it makes me wonder if Olive Oyl was a borderline anorexic.
- "Carkeys...carkeys are good."
--Doctor to my dad when my dad came to him with an earache; the doctor had asked what he uses to clean his ears, and my dad told him...