Backlog Flush of the Moment
January 2, 2004
- Some overlap with yesterday's Gematriculator link, this is a cover of the The Wittenberg Door ("pretty much the world's only Christian satire magazine") from an issue about concepts of the devil. It was really well done, you can't see it very well here, but the Devil's head was made by being non-glossy on a black glossy surface. Very cool, creeped me out a little when I was a kid.
- I guess as I think about someday getting my dating mojo working I should glance through some of Salon's series Match Made In Heaven / Match Made in Hell ("True-life tales of lust, horror -- and marital bliss -- from the world of online romance")
- It doesn't look like Spinline Comics are being updated, but the one that's on the front cover is brilliant, and it's worth clicking through the whole archive. (There's only around 20 of 'em)
- The decade-old Unix Hater's Handbook is now available online.
- Although it was all kind of faked, the story and video of Southwest Airlines vs Stevens Aviation competing over the slogan "Plane Smart" and settling it via an arm-wrestling match rather than lawyers is really great.