June 8, 2004
- "Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul."
- "If you are afraid of loneliness, don't marry." --Chekhov
- 100 Movies That Deserve More Love.
- Mo was a very big fan of the Kenya video. The lion is too cute. I reccomend it.
- Vaporware tribute: Videogames that never were
- November is National Novel Writing Month ("NaNoWriMo"). Maybe I should give it a shot this year, if I remember.
- Gamespot's worst game of 2003: Gods and Generals. It seems like God forsook them; don't know about the Generals.
- You may well be richer than you think...but it's all relative.
- An early version of JoustPong didn't do too well in the 2003 Minigame Compo.
- I've had these weird sex pillows in the backlog forever. Dunno if I was ever thinking about trying 'em out or not, but here's the links.
- Notes on League of Extraordinary Gentlemen #1...they say the comics were much better than the movie, but I thought it was an ok flick.
Editorial of the Moment
Christopher Hitchins didn't like Reagan. "The fox, as has been pointed out by more than one philosopher, knows many small things, whereas the hedgehog knows one big thing. Ronald Reagan was neither a fox nor a hedgehog. He was as dumb as a stump."
Article of the Moment
Near and dear to my heart, or at least my experience yesterday, is this Wired piece on the unpopularity of per-hour WiFi costs. I've heard some stories about places who just give it away for free and get a big return on investment. Ain't no way yesterday I was going to fork over a lot of cash just to use the T-mobile hotspot. (I paid at "The Computer Cafe" instead, but felt a little bit less like a tool for doing so...)