January 1, 2007
Haven't been pre(r)ambling much as of late.
Transitional time for me over all... job, some of my relationships, my mom moving to Nyack. The new year carries its usual load of hopes and concerns for the future.
And for the world, in some ways. I'm not sure if the death penalty is a great thing for a young democracy to feature, but Saddam Hussein's execution certainly seems to provide some level of closure. It actually always feels a little weird when a famous person, no matter how infamous, dies of something other than old age.
Advice of the Moment
1. Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood.
2. If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts.
3. Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move.
4. Go very light on vices such as carrying on in society. The social ramble ain't restful.
5. Avoid running at all times.
6. And don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.
--Satchell Paige, "Six Rules for a Happy Life". He would hand out business cards to little league autograph seekers with those rules on the back.