June was a relatively sedate month for new music... maybe I'm spending more time out doors, or maybe just getting old and curmudgeonly.
July 2, 2013
Three sound clips I had used a decade ago as intros to party mix CDs:
- !Press Hop (DJ Steve Porter) Hey, remember 4 years ago when we were all finding out about autotune?
- !Celebrity Skin (Hole) Not the concert version where Courtney Love has the song living up to its title.
- William Tell Overture (Grimethorpe Colliery RJB Band & Major Peter Parkes) One of the few classical songs that I know I like that I didn't have.
- !!Older (They Might Be Giants)
- Move Prudence (dj BC) Not sure if you can still grab a copy of this, "Dear Prudence" behind Beastie Boys. The only track on "Ill Submarine" I liked.
- !Come Get It (Yummy Bingham) It's repetive but I like the sweeping horns of the sample.
- !!Big Machine (Acoustic Version) (Mark Duplass) Very sweet scene from the movie.
- Immigrant Song (Tomoyasu Hotei) Not quite the cover I've been listening to (but it is by the guy who did Battle without Honor or Humanity.
- Dark Knight Rises (Spine Punch Surgery Mix) (Auralnauts) From the same folks who did Bane Outtakes, a dubstep remix... good stuff.
- !Fireflies (Owl City) Schmaltzy, but sweet...
- !Crazy Kids (Ke$ha) I dig the will.i.am-ness of the chorus.
- !Bounce (Iggy Azalea) Its been pointed out this video and song are extremely co-opted of Bollywood-ish themes. I dig it though.
- !I'll Form the Head (MC Frontalot) Geekcore tribute to Voltron. Still think they should have had all 5 pilots, not just 3.
- !Money (Musical Cast Recording) Been meaning to get this Broadway standard for a long time. This video is actually clips from the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Ugh. The pilgrimage to Mecca could be a killer.
"fuck this fake nostalgia bullshit, props to the 80s for drawing inspiration from the future, a time that DIDN'T EVEN EXIST YET"
"the closer-up the thumbnail, the farther from reality #aphorismsOfTomorrow"
Amtrak, Assault, Axel, BC, Class, E-Z Rock, Flack, Fresh, Jay-R, Jazzy Jeff, John, M.I.F., Mc Fear, Moule, Mystic, Shadow, Steve Porter, Topcat #postyourDJs
Neologism from Wendy M: "Jackass of All Trades". I need to find opportunities to use that.