December 7, 2014
The other week I was doing bachelor boy shopping at the Porter Square Star Market and they had Progresso Soup that was marked down from $3 to $1 per can, so I stocked up a bit but probably not as much as I shoulda! (And its been a nice switch up from my usual low cal bachelor boy dinner of popcorn, at not too many more calories.) I've been lucky enough in life that I've never had to be much of a coupon clipper (and distracted enough that I didn't want to be) but is there a good system of alerts out there, when certain stuff is cheap at certain places?
RIP Ralph Baer, father of video games
It wasn't a bad month for music, but nothing really jumps out as great.
- The Devastator (Stormy) Funky! Heard it on a Kia / Lebron James car
- Hula hoop pjs (Gap Art Films) I ripped the music from this 18 second ad. I wish I knew a longer version!
- NDN Kars (Keith Secola) (Not this version, but this live version is cool) I like the meld with Indigenous music.
- Cocaine's Gonna Kill Me (Damn Tall Buildings) These fine blue-grassy folks played at a JP Porchfest Fundraiser.
- Don't Stop Believing (Josh Knowles and Aaron Fried) Cello and violin cover, from some buskers.
- Comet Bumblebee (Koosha + Comet 67P) Koosha noticed the Comet 67P sounds matched well with Flight of the Bumblee...
- BO$$ (Fifth Harmony) I guess this is a group from "X Factor", but I love the big percussion and dig the horns in this one.
- Left Hand Free (alt-J) Kind of an awesome modern southern sound, though I guess they're from England. Dig the video of rural fun
- Shake It Off (Walk Off the Earth) Terrific acoustic cover of this overplayed song.
- Take On Me (Sara Bareilles) This is lyrically and sonically an amazing song, and I think this version brings out further beauty in it(some friends of mine preferred this ukulele cover)
- Hey Mami (Sylvan Esso) Sweet mellow song
- Ugly Boy (Die Antwoord) This is not an easy group to concisely describe. This song is about shmaltzy beauty under the ugly.
- Jay's Chant (Clerks) Quote from the movie. Was surprised to find the soundtrack on iTunes; I thought Kevin Smith talked about it going away.
- Violent Mood Swings (Thread Mix) (Stabbing Westward) I always liked Jay's Dance in Clerks. (What the video is of, actually)
- Chewbacca (Supernova) Also from Clerks.
- Lapti Nek (Ladycréme mix) (Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo Band) This song has been expunged from Return of the Jedi, replaced with a much inferior and corny Jedi Rocks in the special edition. The funny thing is maybe Lucas tried to make it a real world hit.
We'd like to show you a picture of our office, but we actually are never in it. BECAUSE WE ARE TOO BUSY HUSTLING RIGHT NOW. BRING YOUR RAIN COAT!CAUSE WE ARE TRYNNA MAKE IT RAIN IN Q4!