March 2, 2015February was a pleasingly eclectic month for my new music playlist. 4-stars in red.
Jazz and Instrumental
- All of Me (Frank Sinatra) My band started playing this song, and I really love it. Sinatra's version stood out when I looked for a cover.
- My Sweet Hunk O' Trash (Billie Holiday / Louis Armstrong) Dr. John covered this one with his musical guest, the original is also a delight.
- Heart of Glass (The Puppini Sisters) A bit brighter and cheerier than the similiar Nouvelle Vague cover.
- Edmontosaurus (Paul Leonard-Morgan) Some sports commercial had this... AMAZING big acoustic dinosaur picture.
- Animals (Martin Garrix) Not many electronic instrumentals make it onto my play list... love the tick tock sound.
- Take Me to Church (Hozier) Sacred, Profane, etc.
- Shiver (Lucy Rose) Sweet, gentle song that closed an episode of Girls.
- Unconditional Rebel (siska) Such an amazing video...
- The a Team (Ed Sheeran) Another kind of calming song.
- Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis) When Hunter and I heard this demoing headphones at Target, I thought it was Pitbull. Really cool sound though.
- Remember the Name (Fort Minor) Rap.
- Yeah! (feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris) (Usher) Surprised I hadn't grabbed this earlier.
- Lose Control (Missy Elliott ft. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop) I hadn't been forewarned of Missy Elliot's guest appearance at the Superbowl Halftime, and it was a serious delight.