In decreasing order of "you should hear this!":
June 2, 2015
- Do You Swear To Tell The Truth The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth So Help Your Black Ass (Amanda Palmer) NSFW, quite, and with an unfortunate title/refrain - but I love the tale of the artist figuring out her life and sex life on her own terms, it's very sweet in its own way.
- Feel Right (feat. Mystikal) (Mark Ronson) I thought this was a 5-star but I think I ended up liking the video version more than the bare song. But the song is pretty good.
- Hold Heart (Emilíana Torrini) Almost syrupy in its sorrow, there's an amazing amount of nuance in its delivery.
- Bulldozer (Goldishack Guerrillas) Political piece, uses a kind of Bro outlook in an amazingly catchy protest work.
- How Naked Are We Going to Get? (The Blow) This vido is a train-station a cappella version of a thoughtful little song.
- Common People (Full Length Version) (Pulp) I think it's good for me to get back to the original from the William Shatner / Joe Jackson cover
- J.Rabbit - Tequila Remix v5 (J.Rabbit) Tweak of a classic. I love the movie clip (?) it samples, "Just drive over to my place, kick back, get some tequila..." - the way she pronounces te-Qui-la...
- The Full Retard (EL-P) An aggresively stupid and NSFW song... the perfect club music for "Hot Tub Time Machine 2"'s future scene.
- Spiders and Snakes (Jim Stafford) Dig the shadow of youthful sexiness in this one.
- Alfie (Lily Allen) What's hilarious about this is that it's about the actor who plays Theon Greyjoy in Game of Thrones.
- That's Life (Frank Sinatra) For a while I mirrored my dads anti-mafia-based dislike for Sinatra, but given his strikingly progressive views, I've been digging him more.
- The Thrill Is Gone (1969) [Single] (B.B. King) RIP, B.B. King... I like the haunting orchestral strings in this.
- Where Your Eyes Don't Go (They Might Be Giants) Hmm, I like this version a lot better than the one I got, but I love the line "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders / What the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of"
- Star Wars Imperial March (Dubstep Remix) (Lduk) I like remixes that don't pad their idea into 8 minute jams.
- I Learned the Hard Way (Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings) I'd like this song more except for this weirdly off-pitch flute that toots in on the chorus - is it supposed to be like a train whistle?
- Partition (Beyoncé) Is this just half the song? Anyway, some good sexy pop.
- Breaking Bad Remix (Seasons 3-5) (Chris Lohr) A goofy exercise in sampling (in a show I never watched) but I like the percussive elements of it.