Not the strongest month, but a few interesting bits.
July 2, 2017
- The Devil Came Up To Boston (Adam Ezra Group) Local greatness.
- Mother Mother (Tracy Bonham) This kind of uses the same descending riff my Atari Game used, also heard in Britney Spears' Circus
- Habits (Stay High) (Tove Lo) Kind of a pairing with Mother Mother.
- Beautiful (Christina Aguilera) Cornball to like this song? Don't care. Video is lovely.
- Material Girl (Cassandra Beck) Heard this cover at a wedding. Trying to think of the philosophy of "material" but maybe I'm mixing up substance and essence.
- I Feel Good (Pomplamoose) Love these covers, and Nataly Dawn's Susanna "Bangles doing Walk Like an Egyptian" Hoffs-like vibe.
- Pirates Of Penzance: I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Major General (Martyn Green) I like the only-semi-scripted attempt to come up with rhymes.
- It Ain't My Fault (Brothers Osborne) Lyrics are pretty good, dig the guys delivery.
- Homemade Dynamite [Explicit] (Lorde) Not sure how much I dig this one yet.
- Mushaboom (Feist) Lovely softer song.
- Lip Gloss (Lil Mama) Mostly I just love the big percussion slam. (Overall I like The Fifth Element Remix (Eclectic Method) Fun use of samples from the movie. www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEpcqgalcuo">this mashup with 'Tequila' better, it fills out the space a bit better.
- Mission: Impossible (Main Title) (John E. Davis & Lalo Schifrin) Just wanted the classic version of this song. Loved trying to march to the rhythm for Tufts' Pep Band's once a football season time taking the field.
- Crazy In Love (Patrick & Eugene) Not my favorite cover of this, but not bad.
- Come Together (Godsmack) Harsher cover.
Just watched "Get Out", great stuff.
Completely inconsequential lesson learned: women with bangs are like Clark Kent and his glasses for me. Would have taken me a long time to realize the actress was Marnie from "Girls".