February 1, 2018New -to-me music, 4 star stuff in red.
I'm upset that my go-to for ripping otherwise unfindable music from Youtube seems like it's shut down for "music videos on my region".
- Perm (Bruno Mars) I love how he blends the old Motown sound with a modern feel...
- American Boy (feat. Kanye West) (Estelle) Guess I'm late to the party with this, but it's so catchy.
- Smoke That Fire (The New Birth Brass Band) Coming to embrace the pronounciation "fiyo" for "fire"
- You Already Know (feat. Nicki Minaj) [Interlude Version] [Explicit] (Fergie) Love the old 80s "It Takes Two" Sample, but I had to tell iTunes to pause before the "Interlude".
- On the Radio (Regina Spektor) All of her stuff is so great. For some reason I love framing like "This is how it works" or the begining of Father John Misty's "Pure Comedy"
- Roll On Slow (Glen Hansard) A friend had on one of those cable TV "endless music" channels - given that there's no commercials, it's really pretty good. I don't like much "adult alternative" but this was ok.
- Bootylicious (Destiny's Child) Again, late to the party.
- Ding-A-Ling (Stefflon Don & Skepta) Random algorithm recommendation. Strange sample.
- Birthday Cake (Cibo Matto) - music from Jet Grind Radio / Jet Set Radio, man I miss that game
- Katchi (Ofenbach vs. Nick Waterhouse) (Ofenbach & Nick Waterhouse). Katchi means "loving touch", not to be confused with "She Gives Me Kashi".
- Valerie (feat. Amy Winehouse) (Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse) Another nice retro feel.
- Pfft You Was Gone (One More Time) Remember Hee Haw?
- Tina (Los Melódicos) A song I play with Banda de Paz
- La Colegiala (Sonora Tekendama) - Another song with Banda de Paz - "Cumbia" is the dance for it
- Diff'rent Strokes (The Edwin Davids Jazz Band) More TV nostalgia
- I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts (Danny Kaye) Odd novelty. For some reason "there stands me wife, the idol of me life" sticks in my head.
- Bom Bom (Tkay Maidza & Danny L Harle) from an Apple Watch ad.
- Curly Shuffle (Don Rich) Melissa and I welcomed in the New Year with a 3 Stooges Marathon and I thought of this...