New to me music I added last month. Decent month but only 14. In roughly descending order of coolness, 4 or 5 stars in red...
May 2, 2019
One five star:
Arun hosted a house concert, Caroline Cotter... an amazingly cool thing to do. I got these 3 songs:
- Home on the River - probably my favorite
- I Am Satisfied (Caroline Cotter) - this was her closer, and a sing-a-long for the audience.
- Pollyanna (Caroline Cotter) And I always like songs that engage... well, if not mythological figures, cultural ones.
- Why Your Feet Hurt (Rebirth Brass Band) JP Honks youngest player thinks we should arrange and play this... he's not wrong...
- Sousamaphone! (Riot Jazz Brass Band) "I got a sousamaphone, sousamaphone... that's why the girls won't leave me alone..."
- Pretty Ugly (Tierra Whack) man, why is this only a minute?
- Juice (Lizzo) So much sass and energy.
- Wolf Totem (The Hu) Heavy metal throat singing.
- Touch a New Day (Lena) I dunno how many USA folk know her from her Eurovision triumph Satellite but she's kinda great.
- The World We Made (Ruelle) I think an HBO trailer had this as background music, and damned if it doesn't sound just like How To Make A Blockbuster Movie Trailer's cover of "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)"
- Be OK (TIAAN) Gentle healing song
- I'll Listen (Radio Edit) [feat. Ana Criado] (Armin van Buuren) Another song with a theraputic vibe, Gowen mentioned, about how to be a good listener.
- Kinko the Clown (Ogden Edsl) Ooh boy. This is definitely on the bubble of being removed - it's a novelty song about a "kid loving clown". Oh, the 80s. I only new it because someone wrote the first few lines on a chalkboard at school. For some reason I thought a better lines 3 and 4 would be "Kinko is as Kinko Does, None to Rearrange".