May 22, 2003
- An article on Nov. 10 about animal rights referred erroneously to an island in the Indian Ocean and to events there involving goats and endangered giant sea sparrows that could possibly lead to the killing of goats by environmental groups. Wrightson Island does not exist; both the island and the events are hypothetical figments from a book (also mentioned in the article), ''Beginning Again,'' by David Ehrenfeld. No giant sea sparrow is known to be endangered by the eating habits of goats.
--Retraction by The NY Times Magazine.
- "What does God need with a starship?"
--Captain Kirk in Star Trek V
- Soundsupport makes "video" games for blind people, like Drive...completely audio based. ("Video Games" is kind of a funny phrase, actually.)
- Last time I went to Cleveland, I was amazed to see that Big Chuck and Little John were still on the air. They're old school Saturday Move filler hosts...corny as heck, but kinda fun.
- My Dart Team plays out of "Legends Hall of Fame Grill" in Waltham. But they say on credit card receipts, it shows billed to "The Rough and Smooth Room". What's that all about? The imagination runs a bit wild...