January 5, 2004
- I love the phrase "gimlet-eyed", but I wasn't sure what it meant 'til I looked it up ("having keen vision".) Come to think of it I'm not sure if I've encountered any gimlets in my time, except of the alcoholic variety, and hardly any of them.
- Bleubaby is one of the odder Flash animations I've seen. I like the video game references in the music and the FX, but I don't know why I jotted down "and book mentions" in the backlog entry for it.
- ATOMS is a toy/experimental tool, getting interesting results from a simple physics model and "survival of the fittest" rules.
- I'm not sure why I thought I should blog this screenshot of Bush getting his hair done before he thought he was on the air. Maybe I thought the conservatives making a fuss that the network shouldn't have broadcast it were the same ones who kvetched about Clinton's expensive haircut on airforce one, and that their guy isn't immune from lala hair care.
- The Skinny On... is kind of a variant on the old Cecil Adams "Straight Dope" column. Pretty good, though the navigation is a little week...each entry lists only the entries that were made before it was, so only the latest article has the entire archive.
Random Observation of the Moment
My Aunt's cat likes to hang out in bed. Not on bed, in bed. Under the covers. Like, all day long. It's the oddest cute or maybe the cutest odd thing I've seen all week, maybe more, just this sometimes moving lump in the middle of the bed...
I once had a girlfriend who would go to sleep with the covers over her head. That struck me as odd as well.