Still in Chicago...going to spend the weekend here.
June 24, 2005
UPDATE: My class at Macrovision (boo, hiss, but it's just about the Installshield I swear) has pop (not soda, here) at 25 cents a can which by my calculatin' is "practically free". One of the offerings is called "Deja Blue" -- "Purified Drinking Water Non-Carbonated". There's something somwhow disconcerting about drinking flat water from a can...no bubbles, and not a tea or a juice.
Also, Chicago has a weird habit of putting up a bunch of coin-only tolls with non of the booths staffed, so if you don't have change you're out of luck. So be warned.
Oh, and I watched the Spurs beat the Pistons last night, the second half of that game. I was kind of rooting for both teams...the Pistons because Detroit as a city is kind of down and its luck and I think need something like this more, the Spurs because...well, it's nifty to see white people still able to do something on an NBA team. That Ginobili guy from Argentina seemed pretty cool. (I think I thought he was Italian or something...) He looks like a tall, drawn out Balky from "Perfect Strangers".
- Samples used in popsongs...includes soundclips.
- From The Human Body Project...lots of naked people all centered on their bellybuttons.
- What We Can Learn from Dogs.
A rolling stone gathers momentum
Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense.
- Militant Agnosticism: I don't know if there is a god, and NEITHER DO YOU! --This Page of Theisms. It was a big hit at my UU's Science and Spirituality group.
The eggs come from real chickens, the cheese comes from real cows, and the sausage comes from Jimmy Dean
- Notes from Raph Koster's Keynote: A Theory Of Fun For Games...guess he wrote a whole book on it.