March 15, 2006
So assuming all goes well, Tomorrow afternoon Ksenia and I will be headed for a few days in NYC! I think I've been there maybe once since 9/11.
I still haven't booked a hotel, hopefully that won't be a problem. Actually I haven't decided if it will be better to have the two of us take a bus there and back, or drive down and pay for a parking garage...any suggestions?
Kirkness of the Moment
Alright, self indulgent personal trivia...
A while back I assembled about 1 1/2 hours of MP3s as backgrounds noise for work. It needed to be energetic, and familiar so that it wouldn't be too distracting.) Plus, it needed to fit on my cheap 128meg MP3 player...
Here's what I came up with (in no particular order, I usually set it to shuffle...)
- Elvis vs JXL-A Little Less Conversation Radio Edit (117 Bpm Groovy Chemical House Pop)
- Sarah McLachlan - Possession (Rabbit in the Moon Mix)
- Prodigy-Diesel Power
- Short Dick Man - Gillette
- Lick It - Roula
- 50 Cents- In da club
- Barenaked Ladies-One Week
- Burning Down The House (with The Cardigans)
- Crazy In Love
- Groove Is In The Heart
- Jims Big Ego-Stress
- ladytron - seventeen
- Salt N Pepa-Shake Your Thang (Its Your Thing)
- Smash Mouth-All Star
- Smash Mouth-Diggin Your Scene
- t.A.T.u.-All The Things She Said
- t.A.T.u.-Nas Ne Dagoniat (Not Gonna Get Us)
- The Bad Touch
- Tom Jones-Sexbomb - with Mousse T
- Run-D.M.C. Walk This Way
- Sir Mix-A-Lot Baby Got Back
- Dave Matthews Band When the World End
- The Romantics What I Like About You
I actually switched over to iTunes to listen to this, instead of WMP, because I remembered it would give me an estimate in amount of time, not just filesize. But that little thing iTunes does where it crossfades from one song to the next really makes a ton of difference...makes it feel like something DJ'd, not jus hacked together. I guess that's one of those little Apple-ish details that have kept them around so long...
So if anyone has been wondering what I've been listening too lately, over and over and over and over, well there you are.
Retrohumor of the Moment
Lileks take on Old Computer Promotional Photos isn't quite as funny as I had hoped... I think the caption for the first one was my favorite. Boingboing like #7. I think it's pretty amazing how there's not a single trailing cable to be found in the whole batch, though I guess some of them might be running 'em under the floor.