This year's advent calendar caused me to delay my seasonal music summary... not that there's so much of a clamor for it, but people who like this kind of music will find this a good collection of the music they like.
December 27, 2011
(Actually my tastes are a bit eclectic, but still, there's some fun stuff here.)
So, the one five star song in the fall was Might Like You Better by Amanda Blank, an incredibly fun and EXTREMELY raunchy song. Another great one was the cover of Addicted To Love by Florence + The Machine. (It was used on the ad for some TV show.)
Other songs by category:
Energetic Electronic or Mashup
- ABC Jackson 5/A.Skillz Remix. From this brilliant remixer.
- California soul (A.Skillz Remix) A.Skillz.
- No Fun/Push It 2 Many DJ's. cmg showed me a three stooges video that used this mashup.
- Satisfaction by Benny Benassi -- also from the Saints Row 3 soundtrack.
- Enemy Crush Skrip Breaks. That video is a crazy silly finger parkour video
- Queen Dot Kong The Dø. Saints Row 3.
- Think about the way Frisco vs. Ice Mc. Rediculously happy song, reminded of it by watching "Trainspotting" again.
- Make It Take It Amanda Blank. Another Amber favorite.
- The Wizard's Palace Violent J. Recommendation from a friend of a friend of the most worthwile Insane Clown Posse song-- a fun mix of Wizard of Oz and Marijuana, I love the horns sample.
- Ass Like That [Explicit] Eminem. I was reading about the incident that inspired this, the stand off of "Triumph the Insult Comic Dog" and Eminem's crew.
- Floozy The Knux-- from this very odd indie video game teaser video.
- 'Till I Collapse Eminem. Soundtrack to "Real Steel".
- 911 Is A Joke Public Enemy. Remembered from my high school days.
- Fast Lane Bad Meets Evil. Also from "Real Steel".
- No Mo! Red Astaire. From a random youtube video that made it look like it was the music for an Equestrian Dressage event.
- Power [Explicit] Kanye West. From the "Saints Row 3" game credits.
- Loose Lips Kimya Dawson. I think I heard this on one of Amber's playlists, and/or from the movie Juno.
- Video Games Lana Del Rey. Super sweet song that Amber and I really like. At first I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic, but no, it is gently about slow evenings with her boyfriend, even as he played his World of Warcraft.
- Tip of the Tongue The Donnis Trio. Heard in a cafe.
- Pterodactyls Fujiya And Miyagi. Heard this in a Chipotle.
- They Jem. A favorite of Amber's.
- Taken By A Stranger Eurovision song by Lena Meyer Landrut who did my favorite "Satellite", though I couldn't find her version.
- Done Wrong Ani Difranco. A replacement for a bad rip of an old favorite album.
- Just One Look Doris Troy. The Casanova's go-to song in "Crazy, Stupid, Love"
- Mama Said The Shirelles. Just randomly in my head at some point.
- The Clapping Song and Iko Iko The Belle Stars. I heard some version of the first song in a VW Beetle ad.
- Blister In The Sun Nouvelle Vague, from the movie Bridesmaids.
- Fly [Explicit] Sugar Ray. Heard this out shopping, remembered it was a song I liked the sound of.
- Closing Time Semisonic. Andy on the Office was trying to get every one into singing in this song at the end of the day... another song I have to unafraid to admit I like.
- Epic Faith No More. This song was big in highschool (so maybe late 80s?) Heard it recently in Saints Row 3.
- Buck Bumble Theme Argonaut software.
- Moon Patrol Dor-X. One of my favorite basslines in high school, I sought out a good cover of it.
- The Lazy Song Bruno Mars. My cousin Llara pointed it out this comedy to us.
- Banana Boat (Day-O) Stan Freberg. This was on a Dr. Demento tape a friend had made for my dad when he was sick.
- I'm Shipping Up To Boston Dropkick Murphys. Used as the ex-Sox Papelban's theme I think, I was reminded of it by its use in "The Departed"
- Don't Fence Me In (From "The Bachelor") David Byrne. Heard this on Amber's iPod a long time ago.
- Hey Bartender The Blues Brothers. Heard this at a store in Burlington Vermont
- 15 Seconds of Fame Jim's Big Ego. Fun, fun, fun, and Internet-y.
- Drums Live At Ballou Vs. Dunbar Ballou Marching Band Drumline. I'm always looking for good drumline music.
A robot walks into a bar and says, 'I'll have a screwdriver.'