Pretty good month! Starting with one the relatively rare 5 star songs, and going down from there...
April 7, 2017
- I'd Like To (Corinne Bailey Rae) Sexy and funky as hell. (Drums are slightly different in this mix, FWIW)
- Human (Rag'n'Bone Man) I think this is getting some play - there's a real beauty here. His stage name is fantastic too.
- Desperado (Rihanna) Heh, this now shows above the Eagles version on Youtube. Guess it's from Westworld?
- Nature Boy (Acoustic) (AURORA) One of those slow haunting covers.
- Believer (Imagine Dragons) I think the Nintendo Switch ads used this one.
- Here I Come (Soul City) Weirdly hard to find an MP3 to pay for- I wonder if it's like a studio group, kind of designed for the commercials in which I ran into it? Still, nice little groove
- Weathered (Jack Garratt) Kind of a "The National's" vibe. Really sweet nostalgic video too.
- Ndn Stakes (feat. Sitting Bear) (A Tribe Called Red) Saw these guys live, always dig the blend of classic Indigenous American sounds and modern stuff.
- Thinking Clear (Dub Fx) Interesting use of the meditation chime.
- The Barracuda (The 22.214.171.124's) Japanese Go-Go. And the best band name ever.
- You and Me (Penny & The Quarters) I'm sort of struck by the low-fi recording of this.
- Rinse & Repeat (feat. Kah-Lo) (Riton) Nice club stuff.
- Lucifer Sam (Pink Floyd) I used the line "That cat's something I can't explain" in a bad bittersweet poem in college
- Jeepers Creepers (Single) (Louis Armstrong) I started singing this, Melissa hadn't heard it much.
- Eye Know (De La Soul) School of Honk is playing this but to be honest the baseline in their version is a bit different.
- No Soy de Aquí, No Soy de Allá (Chavela Vargas) Porchioke covered this song, and I wanted to find a version.
- Charley's Girl (Lou Reed) Guess it's good to have a song of his that isn't "Walk on the Wild Side"