It's groundhog day. Again.
February 2, 2019
Last month was ok for music. 4+5 star stuff in red...
One 5 star:
- Think (About It) (Lyn Collins) The song "it takes two" sampled from. Such a variety of multilayered funk going on in there....
- Young, Wild & Free (feat. Bruno Mars) (Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa) CarGurus got Snoop Dogg to do their holiday party (!)
- Twerk (feat. Cardi B) (City Girls) Cardi B is in the news!
- Bad Boy For Life (Black Rob, Mark Curry & P. Diddy) - Brady and Gronk, usually on offense, were kinda big D in this instagram but I got to
- We Ready (Archie Eversole) - this song is making the rounds in an NFL commercial
- Ti**ies (feat. Tech N9ne) (Krizz Kaliko) - the video I saw this on was NSFW, but I appreciate the exuberance.
- Scuse Me (Lizzo) I think I saw this on "Broad City" - it's so repetitive that I almost bumped it down, but now I kind of like it.
- Easy (The Brass Funkeys) - we're basically playing is arrangement straight up.
- Joy to the World (Little Richard) - change of pace from the Three Dog Night version - lotsa monologue to kick it off....
- Cool Water (Tim Blake Nelson) - If you haven't seen "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" (and you don't mind very dark humor) you should....
- Yub Nub (Star Wars cover) (Jordan D. White) Looked this up after watching RotJ (unfortunately the director's cut leaves it out.)
- Pins and Needles (Margaret Glaspy) - she opened for Neko Case
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Regina Spektor) - I didn't actually watch the movie this was made for, but Spektor doing an asian-tinged cover of such a good song is amazing.
- The Hero (from "One-Punch Man") (Tsuko G.) Really liked this anime.
- Remember Me (Lullaby) (from "Coco") Coco was a lovely Dia de Muertos animated movie... highly recommended
- Jálale (Instrumental) (Mexican Institute of Sound) I think the skeleton DJ was playing this at a party in Coco...
[For Trump] dominance does seem to rank at the top. "I love to crush the other side and take the benefits," he wrote in a book called Think Big. "Why? Because there is nothing greater. For me it is even better than sex, and I love sex." He went on to observe: "You hear lots of people say that a great deal is when both sides win. That is a bunch of crap. In a great deal you win--not the other side. You crush the opponent and come away with something better for yourself."LOL President Conan the Barbarian - "What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
This is why he ok as a reality tv star or WWE guest, and a shit politician. I pray to god he is bluffing with declaring a damn national emergency... declaring national emergencies - like to paraphrase Archer: “DO YOU WANT A BANANA REPUBLIC DICTATOR? BECAUSE THAT’S HOW YOU GET BANANA REPUBLIC DICTATORS.”
"Oof, it's 18 degrees out!"
"That's not enough degrees. We need more degrees."