I don't think anyone was holding their breath for this but I added my 3 favorite angles of that Rockport seasnail to the desktop wallpaper page so you can download them in their full 1600*1200 glory...pretty decent background I think.
August 15, 2005
- Senababy's writeup of E3's Scavanger Hunts are funny, funny, funny: last years and this years.
- In other anecdotal news...a lot of American popsongs make it other countries untranslated. A friend of mine from Germany had a teacher who swore that "Under the Boardwalk" was about/"sung by" bugs that lived under the wooden floorboards of someone's house. Anyway, there was a bus with a billboard for Dennis Leary in "Rescue Me"...somehow because of the song Ksenia had the idea that "Rescue" was something like the F-word. (And the billboard, with Leary falling from a building as seen from the window he jumped from, didn't help matters.) Ah well, live and learn.
- 10eastern.com's Found Photo gallery is terrific fun. If you feel inclined to browse the whole thing I definately suggest taking advantage of the "view as thumbnails" feature.
- Note to self: check out Darwinia ...it looks like it might be that game I wish I had made...
- Ten things I learned about the future at the Wired NextFest. Ksenia and I stopped by that when we were in Chicago...it was cooler than (though a bit similar to) the Museum of Science and Industry. We couldn't stay there long, had to run for the Architecture Cruise, and of course the bums wouldn't offer any kind of admittance or discount for the next day. Losers. Still like a lot of geeks I feel a kinship with the magazine, just given when it started coming out and when I started getting into computers.
- Another thing I learned in Chicago, specifically the office building where I was taking InstallShield training from Macrovision...revolving doors with shaded glass can be very disconcerting, because they seem to start up and slow down on their own accord, you can't always anticapte their movement correctly, especially when approaching from the outside on a bright day.
- Heh, didn't find out how a half-virtual, half-real baseball game went...
- Coolest flash interface to an art site I've seen.