September 3, 2005
Kirktrivia of the Moment
- i had to go pee before writing this
- i'm dating a nice gal from Russia right now
- I checked the starting time with the little LCD display on my desk phone, even though I guess the clock on my laptop would've worked just as well
- I spoke with a calypso accent at first, learning to speak on the island of St. Thomas in the virgin islands.
- therefore my first words to my (probably racist, and not happy about his grandkid talking like an islander) were "Heyyyyyy Poppa Samm" -- you have to imagine the accent for that I'm afraid
- I don't like it when my wrists get warm from my laptop
- i think prose is better than poetry
- i'm not very romantic despite running the romance poetry community website "blender of love"
- I have the domain "mortals.be" so that http://lord.what.fools.these.mortals.be should be a valid domain
- i like to drink a lot of water but haven't landed on a vessel I'm truly happy with. Right now I'm using a big plastic tumbler, which carrries a risk of tumbling. before this i tried gallon jugs and reusing clear plastic soda bottles, but the jugs are tough to clean out and the bottles are kind of skanky and don't hold much water
- i think i'm about as heavy as i've ever been
- i can seal my nostrils just by inhaling hard, and also flare them at will. the former always gets more laughs, even though as a kid I thought the latter was more impressive and unique
- I don't think I have the writing cajones to be a famous writer.
- I'm a touch neurotic. I'm prone to very intermitent anxiety attacks.
- The attacks seemed to get there start around Y2k anxieties in 1998 or so, but they find various subjects to latch on to from time to time.
- I'm paralyzingly afraid of proof coming out that I'm not the smartest guy in the room. I'd rather not try and fail then try and fail and prove my lack of inborn greatness.
- Diet Coke with Lime is my favorite soft drink, the one I'll probably grab when presented with a full array at a store
- I've been to Canada, Mexico, Portugal, England, and Germany. Curiously I've never been west of the Mississippi in the USA, except maybe for a half-forgotten airport stop on route to Mexico.
- I sometimes feel like I'm in a low level digital photography contest with my ex-wife. I've been doing it a lot longer but she recently went the fancier camera route. I don't think she knows about this.
- I changed fact #2 to make it less incriminating. (the subject changed completely, it wasn't about my romantic life at all previously)
16 is one of my biggest character flaws, previously references (top quote there.) 19 is of course patently silly, and also previously noted