- primitive site search
toys and games
- gamebutton arcade
- ...one button gaming. No really: one button, including the screen.
(BoingBoing:"This is just about the coolest
goddamned webthing, ever.")
- small gif cinema
- Itsy-bitsy silent movies
- global game jam games
- Most years I work on an ad hoc team and make a game at the Global Game Jam. Here's the results, in descending order of how cool I think the result that year was:
- klik & play
- Silly games made in Klik & Play.
- html5 soundboard with some clips I gathered in the 90s
- timish / timehoops / repeat until death
- Different visualizations of time...
- dead man talking
- In late 2013, Tom Parmenter died. But... he got better. This is a transcription of a dialog with him over dinner in mid-2016.
- the blues scale and 12 bar blues
- A music tutorial about some useful concepts
- left-right 20 questions
- A little quiz taken from the book "Predisposed" that can locate you on the left-right political spectrum
- pixeltime tribute
- A loving tribute to a long lost site
- royalty nickname generator
- A goofy tool to analyze your name and come up with your royal nickname
- virtual bible dip
- An online biblical divination tool
- amazon adder
- You can get a CSV of all your physical Amazon orders over the years, this page does grand totals and break down over time by product category...
- where the heart was
- A tribute to some amazing art pieces
- wtc 9/11/1999
- exactly two years before the fact
- collected quotes
- bitesize wisdom (out of date since its been harvested...)
- gowen's tip calculator
- brass transposition chart
- A mobile-friendly reference for C, Bb, and Eb horns, with fingering/slide notes for trumpet + tuba vs trombone...
- one second everyday
I've started documenting my life, trying to capture one second each day that is something visually interesting or reflects what I was doing. So I get 30-second descriptions of my month and 6-minute descriptions of my year.
- The media I've consumed - books, movies, video games - over the past decade and more.
- Some of the ephemera of kirk's life
- An old attempt at describing my life via lists
- This day in kirkstory: kisrael.com and Palm journal content for this date going back to 1997
- delayed comments
- Show comments that were posted after the associated page had lapsed from the front page
- Some selections of the coolest stuff on my site
- remember amber
- one of the 24 HCD that didn't make it to alienbill.com
- My old online photo albums
- old college-era writing of mine
- '92 blues and basslines
- A copy of a cassette tape I made with my buddy Mike between high school and college, long bad blues and capturing a lot of our bandroom bassline riffs.
- podcast with jeremy penner
- A friend of mine interviewed me about JoustPong and my personal history as a hyper-indie developer for his Fringe Game History Podcast. (local mirror)
- some articles and tools about the hobby and craft
- kirk.is tag system
- experimenting with tagging all the stuff on this site...
- Some simple online utilities
- Attractive images suitable for use as desktop backgrounds
- site archive
- different ways of looking at what's here