- site search
- Some simple online utilities
- An attempt to put all my decades into a single scrollable page, with a lot of memory-provoking photos. (Hit me up if you want to make something similar for yourself!)
- one second everyday
I've started documenting my life, trying to capture one second each day that is something visually interesting or reflects what I was doing. So I get 30-second descriptions of my month and 6-minute descriptions of my year.
- An old attempt at describing my life via lists
- remember amber
- one of the 24 HCD that didn't make it to alienbill.com
- My old online photo albums
- old college-era writing of mine
- '92 blues and basslines
- A copy of a cassette tape I made with my buddy Mike between high school and college, long bad blues and capturing a lot of our bandroom bassline riffs.
- podcast with jeremy penner
- A friend of mine interviewed me about JoustPong and my personal history as a hyper-indie developer for his Fringe Game History Podcast. (local mirror)
- podcast with shaun mcgil
- In the middle of election day 2020 Shaun of McGST (and its terrific WhatsApp group)
discussed my tuba playing, life under Trump, and the mutual views of Brits and Americans about each other.
- Selections from the K & R Carousel
- Old love letters
- Works 5th-9th Grade
toys and games
- gamebutton arcade
- ...one button gaming. No really: one button, including the screen.
(BoingBoing:"This is just about the coolest
goddamned webthing, ever.")p
- small gif cinema
- Itsy-bitsy silent movies
- global game jam games
- Most years I work on an ad hoc team and make a game at the Global Game Jam. Here's the results, in descending order of how cool I think the result that year was:
- klik & play
- Silly games made in Klik & Play.
- alienbill soundboard
- html5 soundboard with some clips I gathered in the 90s and beyond.
- timish / timehoops / repeat until death
- Different visualizations of time...
- dead man talking
- In late 2013, Tom Parmenter died. But... he got better. This is a transcription of a dialog with him over dinner in mid-2016.
- the blues scale and 12 bar blues
- A music tutorial about some useful concepts
- prose and poetry collected at the blender of love
- Some of the better pages from my long running website, now a ghost-town, but
it once got me mentioned in The New Yorker...
- left-right 20 questions
- A little quiz taken from the book "Predisposed" that can locate you on the left-right political spectrum
- pixeltime tribute
- A loving tribute to a long lost site
- royalty nickname generator
- A goofy tool to analyze your name and come up with your royal nickname
- virtual bible dip
- An online biblical divination tool
- amazon adder
- You can get a CSV of all your physical Amazon orders over the years, this page does grand totals and break down over time by product category...
- where the heart was
- A tribute to some amazing art pieces
- wtc 9/11/1999
- exactly two years before the fact
- collected quotes
- bitesize wisdom (out of date since its been harvested...)
- gowen's tip calculator
- brass transposition chart
- A mobile-friendly reference for C, Bb, and Eb horns, with fingering/slide notes for trumpet + tuba vs trombone...
- some articles and tools about the hobby and craft
- kirk.is tag system
- experimenting with tagging all the stuff on this site...
- Attractive images suitable for use as desktop backgrounds
- site archive
- different ways of looking at what's here
- This day in kirkstory: kisrael.com and Palm journal content for this date going back to 1997
- delayed comments (broken - see bak)
- Show comments that were posted after the associated page had lapsed from the front page
- an old selection of the coolest stuff on my site
- The media I've consumed - books, movies, video games - over the past decade and more.
- Some of the ephemera of kirk's life